18 August 2006

More than Perfect? (18.08.06)

Devotees of American comedy (or just of daytime TV) may be familiar with the show "Less than Perfect" - a comedy set in a newscasters office, fronted by Claude Casey (Sara Rue) as the hapless newscaster (Eric Roberts)'s PA.

Sara Rue is known for being voluptuous, curvaceous and beautiful with it. She's a proper gorgeous redhead, with a bit of T&A and plenty of sex appeal.

A friend of mine and I were talking about Less than Perfect today, and couldn't remember her name. So (as one does in this age of technology) she googled her. And we discovered that in the last few months Sara has lost an astounding amount of weight.



Now, she looks AMAZING. But I can't help but hope that she did it for herself, and not for the sake of 'the industry'. I'm really pleased for her, and if this is what she really wants then I say 'good on you, Sara. You looked beautiful then, you look beautiful now'. She should be extremely proud of her acheivement, losing weight is not easy.

On the other hand, I sincerely hope she wasn't made to feel as though she had no choice. We all know the industry is horrible, and really just hope that whatever choices she's made, she's made them for herself.

On the third hand, please, go ahead... that's one fewer curvaceous redhead I'm going to have to go up against when I hit LA (!).

Although, that said, having seen that I did look sheepish at the sandwich counter today and mumbled, "Oh, just a salad for me, please"...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're argument isn't helped by the AWFUL, stripey, shapeless dress on the left. NOT a good look.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Tegwen said...

I know. but I had a heck of a time trying to get more than one photo up there. I have another of her looking fabulous with the few extra pounds...

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home